This course is part of a five-week MOOC (that you should sign up for):
Intro to R for Journalists: How to find Great Stories in Data
Andrew Ba Tran is a data reporter on The Washington Post’s rapid response investigative team.
Packages and libraries
- readr - reads rectangular data quickly
- dplyr - grammar of data manipulation
- tidyr - tidies data
- ggplot2 - creates charts based on the Grammar of Graphics
- sf - simple features for mapping
- ggmap - Google maps features
- leaflet - A wrapper for Leaflet.JS for interactive maps
Thanks to so many people for contributing to the open source package software that we use in this class and in our every day process.
- Blogdown - Creating websites using R Markdown
- Hugo - open-source static site framework
- Learn theme - Theme for this site
The online version of this course is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.